You are here:
OCO consulting with young people
Part of our role is to listen to and consult with children and young people about issues that concern them. We then bring their ideas and their experiences to people who make decisions about them.
How to consult with young people
We encourage all organisations that involve children to consult with children and young people.
Examples of when we talked to young people
The voices of children and young people are at the heart of everything the OCO does. Since the office was founded in 2004, we have spoken to children and young people about some very important issues. We particularly try to hear from children who are not often heard.
These are some of the projects we have worked on.
- Tune in (2016)
- Adoption Authority (2016)
- OCO 10th anniversary (2014)
- Bullying in school (2013)
- Family Law Project (2013)
- The Big Debate (2012)
- Children facing homelessness (2011)
- Young people in prison (2010)
- Separated Children (2009)
- Connecting Communities (2009)
- Big Ballot (2007)
- Youth Advisory Panel (2004-2009)