Skip to main content

You are here:  

When We Cannot Help

If we cannot help, we will always try to help and signpost you to organisations that may be able to deal with your complaint.

Citizens Information

Citizens Information provides information on public services and rights in Ireland. It is supported by the Citizens Information Board.

EPIC – Empowering people in care

EPIC aims to advance the interests and welfare of children and young adults in the care system.

TREOIR - National Specialist Information Service for Unmarried Parents

Treoir provides a free, confidential and up-to-date information and referral service for unmarried parents – living together or not – and agencies involved with them.

IFCA - The Irish Foster Care Association

The Irish Foster Care Association is the national organisation that supports foster families and the wider fostering community.

Teaching Council

The Teaching Council is the professional standards body for teaching that promotes and regulates the teaching profession.


CORU currently regulates:

Medical Council

The Medical Council handles complaints relating to a medical doctor's fitness to practice medicine.

Financial Services and Pensions Ombudsman (FSPO)

The Financial Services andPensions Ombudsman helps resolve complaints with pension providers and regulated financial services providers.

The Office of the Ombudsman

The Office of the Ombudsman examines complaints from people over the age of 18 years who are not happy with how they have been treated by certain public service providers.

Garda Síochána Ombudsman Commission

The Garda Síochána Ombudsman Commission is an independent legal agency responsible for receiving and dealing with all complaints made by members of the public about the conduct of members of the Garda Síochána.

An Bord Pleanála

An Bord Pleanála is an independent legal body thatdeals with appeals against local authorities about decisions to grant or refuse planning permission.

Social Welfare Appeals Office

If you disagree with the decision of the Deciding Officer of the Social Welfare Services concerning your entitlements, you can appeal it to the Social Welfare Appeals Office.

An Coimisinéir Teanga

An Coimisinéir Teanga is an independent legal office holder who monitors whether public bodies have abided by the requirements of the Official Languages Act 2003.

Data Protection Commissioner

The Data Protection Commissioner is an independent statutory office holder who protects the rights of individuals in relation to personal data.

Commission for Communications Regulation (ComReg)

ComReg is the legal body responsible for regulating the electronic communications sector and the postal sector.

Commission for Regulation of Utilities (CRU)

CRU is Ireland’s independent energy and water regulator.

Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA)

HIQA is an independent authority responsible for quality, safety and accountability in residential services for children, older people and people with disabilities in Ireland.

Office of the Information Commissioner Ireland

The Information Commissioner conducts reviews of decisions by public bodies about requests for access to information.

Standards in Public Office Commission

The Standards in Public Office Commission oversees compliance with the Ethics Acts insofar as they apply to office holders, the Attorney General, Ministerial special advisers, senior civil servants, and directors and executives of specified public bodies.

Legal Aid Board

Legal Aid Board can help you if you cannot afford to pay a solicitor privately.

BeLong To

BeLonG To Youth Services is the national organisation supporting lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and intersex (LGBTI+) young people in Ireland.