Skip to main content

You are here:  

I am unsafe

If you are a child or young person and you feel unsafe at home or around an adult, you should speak to an adult that you trust – your mum or dad, your guardian or foster parent, a social worker, a teacher, a relative, a friend’s parent.

If you are in danger you should call Tusla, the Child and Family agency. Here is information on Tusla’s local offices and the best person to contact. Tusla head office can be contacted at 01 7718500.

If you are in immediate danger or you need to talk to someone in the evening times, at weekends or during bank holidays when most offices are closed, you should contact An Garda Síochana.

Information for young people

For information about issues affecting young people, written by young people visit

If you are worried or want to talk to someone you can call Childline 24 hours a day at 1800 66 66 66 or text Talk to 50101.